Friday, November 14, 2014

Inside Diamond City


dt5707

Diamond City are a chain of "cathedrals to consumption" located across Japan. This one in Hiroshima is named Diamond City Soleil.

dt5712

It was built on the site of the former Kirin Brewery and elements from the old brewery can be found inside and outside.

dt5714

I personally find such places rather bizarre, not only because shopping is among my least favorite activities, but they remind me so much of the settings of so many SF movies from my youth that are set in such gleaming, sterile, environments.

dt5756

However, such places do offer me the opportunity to take the kind of photographs I like best, minimal, and geometric....

dt5759

1 comment:

  1. Science-Fiction movies!!
    “…the kind of photographs I like best, minimal, and geometric....”
    I totally agree with You !
    The photos are superb. Wonderful decorative elements, viewpoints, colors and light
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete